Sunday, March 29, 2009

Arts Literacy


During the spring break, I went to New York with my friends. Of course, we wouldn’t miss the MET. MET is one of the largest art museums in the world, it shows arts from all over the world. It has a permanent collection containing more than two million works of art, divided into nineteen curatorial departments. The main building, often referred to simply as "the Met," is one of the world's largest art galleries, and has a much smaller second location in Upper Manhattan, at "The Cloisters," which features medieval art. Represented in the permanent collection are works of art from classical antiquity and Ancient Egypt, paintings and sculptures from nearly all the European masters, and an extensive collection of American and modern art. The Met also maintains extensive holdings of African, Asian, Oceanic, Byzantine and Islamic art. In the museum, we can even see the arts drawn by Picasso. This tour makes back to my high school life, when I was still learning about arts. I learned art more than two years. From all the arts by famous artist, we can see the magic of arts. At first, it was hardly to understand what the arts represent, or what the artists want to tell us. Like the paint “Guernica” by Pablo Picasso. Hardly we can understand what the painting what to tell us if we don’t know the history. Learning arts is learning history too. Since the history is all in the arts. I used to like make some copies of some famous painting. I believe that can makes to know the feeling of the artist, and I did got a lot of feelings, and also a lot of fun.
By the way, here is one of my painting. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment