Sunday, March 29, 2009

Music Literacy

I like music, and I am crazy about NU Metal. Linkin Park is one of my favorites, but actually, at first I just cannot totally understand their songs, because it is not my first language. People might say that there is no boundary for music, but that is not true. Like the song “crowing” by Linkin Park, if someone cannot understand the lyrics, they may think it is just a normal song. However, when you understand the lyric, you might find that this song is for world peace. That can explain well the reason they sing this song. Sometimes, you cannot understand the song even you understand all the lyrics. That is an opposite side to what I said at the first, this happens not so often. The reason for you cannot understand the music is because the song is like an art. You need to listen it deeply with heart. Like the song “tears in heaven”, we both know that it is a sad song. However, one day I missed my passed grandfather, I open my iTunes, and started listen this song. I finally found how sad this song is. I even cried for my grandfather for few minutes which I never did because I am such a strong person, and I never cry. The song touches the deeply things in my mind, and that is the magic of the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment